Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****NEWS FLASH****

Heres a news flash for y'all....

MY GS750EZ WILL NOT HAVE AN AIRBOX ISNSTALLED ....PERIOD.

I have fought that P.O.S for a week and I dont care if I have to walk to Japan to find out how to jet this bike for pods, it will not have a box. My wife and I sat there for hours this evening workin and trying as hard as we could to make that work...using all the suggestions from the forum and plenty of our own ideas to no avail.about 15 minutes ago I got damn mad at that box I threw it just as far as I posibly could in the middle of the woods...and I hope some animal drags it off in the middle of the night and craps in it. personally I think that has got to be the dumbest piece of engineering I have ever seen

Now over the next few days if some of you fine folks would be so kind as to tell me what size jets I need to order or any other info ya might have on tyhis thing Ill finish the carbs ....otherwise I have a brand new pair of boots ....
    JAPAN HERE I COME

Do y'all think I can atleast crank the thing without any filters at all on it so I can finish doing the other tinkering that may arise?....THANKS

Do the woods have aname that you deposited the airbox in?...I might need a new airbox minus the droppings... They can be a pain but yours sound especially mean!!! I know you tried this already...maybe..... but silicone and trying to install at an angle with the airbox intakes above the airbox openings often helps me, know all you have to do is find the airbox and try it ONE MORE TIME!!!!!! Get aggressive it helps while installing and make sure all components are warm, and all in boot clamps are loose to the point of falling off (on the last thread)

Scud

Comment

Re: ****NEWS FLASH****

Nope! No airbox and the stock jets, it isnt going to run even close to right and probably not at all. If it does run, it will be lean enough that you would be risking burning a valve or holing piston. I wouldnt do it.

Earl

Originally posted by Lollypop
      Do y'all think I can atleast crank the thing without any filters at all on it so I can finish doing the other tinkering that may arise?....THANKS
      [/b]
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Comment

Well I'm not sure what that last post was but....

Earl, I am at my wits end I tried everything I could think of..The boots from the carbs to the box are just waaaaay too stiffand the more i push the more the damn plastic box flexes....can ya buy new boots?....about how much ya think they run?

Comment

I am pretty sure you can order new boots from your local Suzuki dealer or through Bike Bandit online. Before you do that, try this. Remove the rubber boots. Boil a pan of water that is large enough to hold all four boots. Once the water is boiling, set the stove burner to simmer, wait 5 minutes, then put the boots in the simmering water for 10 minutes. Remove the boots, pat them dry with paper towels and soak them inside and out heavily with glycol antifreeze. (an old windex spray bottle is the easiest way to coat the boots with antifreeze) The glycol is attracted to moisture and will permeate/wick through the rubber everywhere the water did. It will lubricate the rubber and make it pliable. (or if you have enough antifreeze, you can just soak them in a tub) It must be glycol antifreeze. The new RV/non toxic antifreeze is a different compound.
            soak em for about a half hour. :-)

Sprinkle with parmesan and serve on crackers with a spinach garnish and a white wine. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Lollypop

Earl, I am at my wits end I tried everything I could think of..The boots from the carbs to the box are just waaaaay too stiffand the more i push the more the damn plastic box flexes....can ya buy new boots?....about how much ya think they run?[/b]
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

ok Earl ....I'm gonna try that in the morning provided the bears aint *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ in my box

But after that and it dont work...theyre goin in the dump

THANKS

Comment

wow, I had the same problem... on a honda though.

I just relised that it was imposile to do it. So then i relised that the boots were bad. I order new ones from bikebandit.com and they went on in about 1/2 of a second. i felt so stupid for even trying with the old ones...

They were cheap too...
                Good luck

Comment

LOL!! ROFL!!! This is the same way I felt before I got my pods and stage-3 kit.

Dm of mD

Comment

STAGE 3 KIT ...WHAT EXACTLY IS THAT?

AND WONDER WHAT JETS I NEED FOR THE PODS?

Comment

get the new boots - you won't regret it
                      Been there, wasted 6 hours, new boots = 20 minute install
                      Why did I waste 6 hours???

The boots get hard with age
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I think thats what im gonna do....

Hey anybody got an extra filter box?...the one that connects tom the airbox

mine was missin when i got the bike

Comment

eBay time.

Michael

Comment

Hi

Stage 3

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                              I am pretty sure you can order new boots from your local Suzuki dealer or through Bike Bandit online. Before you do that, try this. Remove the rubber boots. Boil a pan of water that is large enough to hold all four boots. Once the water is boiling, set the stove burner to simmer, wait 5 minutes, then put the boots in the simmering water for 10 minutes. Remove the boots, pat them dry with paper towels and soak them inside and out heavily with glycol antifreeze. (an old windex spray bottle is the easiest way to coat the boots with antifreeze) The glycol is attracted to moisture and will permeate/wick through the rubber everywhere the water did. It will lubricate the rubber and make it pliable. (or if you have enough antifreeze, you can just soak them in a tub) It must be glycol antifreeze. The new RV/non toxic antifreeze is a different compound.
                              soak em for about a half hour. :-)

Sprinkle with parmesan and serve on crackers with a spinach garnish and a white wine. :-)

Earl
                              You oughtta drop that in tips and tricks. I'm gonna do it this weekend, when I remove the carbs to clean and check the cam tensioner.

Comment

Working...
                              X