Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better headlinght....death to alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take a look at the SilverStar if I have a chance. If it really puts out as much light as a 90W regular halogen bulb does... Although $25 sounds a bit too pricy (the 100/90W bulbs are sold for $4.88 plus shipping).

Comment

I've been running a H4 in my 750 for a number of years with no problems. Can't remember the wattage, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing hairy as a 90/100. Also, the signal lights do not act as running lights. 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

After seeing the difference with this Sylvania Sylverstar bulb...I'm not putting anything else into the eye of my bike!
        It's a world of difference. I can actually see halfway down the block when I pull into my street. Before..I couldn't see more than 10 feet!!

Dm of mD

Comment

so about this signal light thing, anybody got a work-around for keeping them on yet??? I just realized on my first night ride, that I want to be a little more visible!!! tho I did notice my headlamp dim as I hit the brakes already, are alternators something commonly upgraded on these guys?

thanks!

Comment

Aye!! The stock stator has 30% less output capability than the aftermarket Electrex component.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X