I will ask it again..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will ask it again..........

Ive only had my 1977 GS750 for just over 4 months now and yesterday I stripped the carbys down to clean them and replace the needles and seats.

I noted that the main jets are 125.5 and that the manual states 105 is the largest.

It also has a very large 4-1 transac muffler on it, and the bike has never been on the dyno. Does anyone know a good jet size to start with?

Also it does have the stupid K&N open aftermarket airfilters but I will shortly be changing back to the original airbox and aftermarket washable filter!

any ideas on jet sizes anyone (that hasnt already answered the question)

I hate forums, you always get smartarses that just have to comment on something, like my stupid K&N filters remark!

Get it together, and either answer the actual questions or just shut up!

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Dm of mD

Comment

Re: I will ask it again..........

Thanks for the additude.
      Anyway, if you have the K&Ns, and it was properly jetted, why are you going back to stock? Nevermind, I don't really care, if going back to the airbox, install the stock size main jets, or maybe 1 over due to the exhaust. You'll probably have to deal with the needle as well, hopefully you have an adjustable one.

Originally posted by fiatlancianivaa
      Ive only had my 1977 GS750 for just over 4 months now and yesterday I stripped the carbys down to clean them and replace the needles and seats.

I noted that the main jets are 125.5 and that the manual states 105 is the largest.

It also has a very large 4-1 transac muffler on it, and the bike has never been on the dyno. Does anyone know a good jet size to start with?

Also it does have the stupid K&N open aftermarket airfilters but I will shortly be changing back to the original airbox and aftermarket washable filter!

I hate forums, you always get smartarses that just have to comment on something, like my stupid K&N filters remark!

Comment

Dude, if you have pods on the bike now why do you want to go back to the stock airbox? Pods are much easier to maintain once you get the jetting right. It sounds like the carbs have a Stage-3 kit in them already so....WHY...do you wanna go back to stock with less horsepower...less pickup...less performance? Are you scared of the bike or something?
        A tuned GS a little too much for you to handle?
        If you can't get it to run right take it to a shop and have someone diagnose it for 40 bucks. Then you can make the changes yourself.

The manual will not be much help to you now. The carbs are not stock. You cannot go by the manual for the carbs unless you plan to put the bike back to stock.

And lighten up.

:roll:
        Dm of mD

Comment

It might be that you have Dynojet jets rather than the stock ones. This is very likely since the bike has pods and a pipe and was probably re-jetted. The Dynojet numbers do not correspond to Mikuni numbers.

Joe

P.S. The smart a s s comments are part of the fun around here. Nobody means any harm by them. If you can't take it then don't bother asking for help.
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

your attitude really puts me off helping you as well, i'm sure you would be a lot nicer if you were asking a person in person for help.

if you are useing stock filter setup then go with what the manuel sez, if you don't don't like forums go talk to a bike mechanic, maybe he will tell you how to fix your bike for free .

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

aw shut up you guys. 8O 8O

I wouldnt be as nice as those who replied have been. We all wack one another from time to time. Personally i will definitely shut up for once on this thread any how.

ill just keep the 750 air box for some further experiment .

Comment

If you hate forums then *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off :roll: Are we getting paid for this? I don't even take this sort of attitide from my boss, some of the people who very nicely answered your questions in both the topics you made were far too friendly for you! Go away fiatpanda! go ride a H*nda.

Comment

My mom always told me that you will catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar but I am afraid neither of those will help your carbs much.

And I am not sure that catching flies is what were after? There sure are
                  a lot in here though... 8O

If your serious, I know some mechanics that could answer your question
                  right on for you. But not if your going to talk to them in the same tone you post in

Good luck buddy.

Comment

What was the question again?

Comment

Know the correct jet size? Hmmm, as a matter of fact, why yes I do.
                      Think I'll choose option #3.

Good luck. I'm going to shut up now.

earl

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

)

If you hate forums then why are you here :? :?

As for smartarses, well you know what they say,

It takes one to know one

Comment

Dear Mr. FatLanciaNivea,

Please be ignoring the ingrates of this very informational site. As Administrator/Moderator in Training for this most wonderful for forums, I am humbly apologizing for the behaiviour for which you have been receiving.

If you were to please be reposting your question on the site again, perhaps being under the title of "Re-post of I will ask again", then I will ensure that you are to be getting a plethora of the correct responses to your questions on the topic of carbs. I will be having ensured that above impolite and "smartarse" posters are being refrained from posting in this new thread.

Again, many apologies and we wish to be thanking you for your patients in the solving of your problems.

Meskito

Comment

[ERASED BY MODERATOR-IN-TRAINING: MESKITO]

Comment

[ERASED BY MODERATOR-IN-TRAINING: MESKITO]

Comment

Working...
                              X