carb part ID please :: DONE, THANKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb part ID please :: DONE, THANKS!

OK, so it's not a GS part. Still, please help. I believe it's a set of Keihin 26 mm from a 76 CB550.

Look at the tubes pointed to by the yellow arrows. What are they? What should attach to them?

Michael

my GUESS is the vent tubes to the carbs. you could probly leave the like they are or pu about 6" of fuel line hose on them.

what does the petcock look like, and can you figure out where the fuel go into the carbs?

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I would 2th that Vent tube Just leave them open

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
        my GUESS is the vent tubes to the carbs. you could probly leave the like they are or pu about 6" of fuel line hose on them.

what does the petcock look like, and can you figure out where the fuel go into the carbs?

-ryan
        The fuel supply tubes are in the upper left corner of the picture. If they are meant to be open, why are they pointin up? Wouldn't that be inviting moisture to get sucked in?

But closer examination shows that you're probably right. I thought they entered next to the slides but it actually looks like they vent down into the bowls.

Done! Thanks for your help!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
          Originally posted by first timer

-ryan
          The fuel supply tubes are in the upper left corner of the picture. If they are meant to be open, why are they pointin up? Wouldn't that be inviting moisture to get sucked in?

But closer examination shows that you're probably right. I thought they entered next to the slides but it actually looks like they vent down into the bowls.

Done! Thanks for your help!

Michael
          I too, think they are vent tubes. Put some hoses on them and run the hoses down the back of the motor by the swing arm, if possible. 8)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I got her running tonight. Actually I got her running last night (or was it the day before..?). Anyway, she's running better now, and loudly. Gonna tape up the mufflers for a bit of reprieve. She's overflowing in the bowls though, out the vent tubes. I think my custom cut-out bowl gaskets might be hanging up the floats. Hope not. But if not that then what?

A little sleuthing showed that she has parts from at least three bikes in her. The VIN on the frame is different from the engine, and both are "K" style VINs. The airbox and some other parts say "F" style on them. She ain't pretty and never will be, so she got named "The B****". Maybe "The Mongrel" or "The Mutt" would be more apt.

Michael

Comment

They are for the floatbowl venting lines. If you are running the stock air box, you should install the lines and route them where they'll stay clear.
              If you are running pod filters, you should remove the lines so the bowls will vent easier, allowing the jets to draw fuel easier. This is necessary when the air intake increases due to pods.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                They are for the floatbowl venting lines. If you are running the stock air box, you should install the lines and route them where they'll stay clear.
                If you are running pod filters, you should remove the lines so the bowls will vent easier, allowing the jets to draw fuel easier. This is necessary when the air intake increases due to pods.
                Like I said, she's a mutt, so I don't know if it's quite a stock airbox but it's definitely not pods.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X