Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn signals stay ON SOLID (80 GS850) - flasher relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signals stay ON SOLID (80 GS850) - flasher relay?

Well, is it a relay issue, or should I look elsewhere...

There are no dead bulbs, what I get is the front & rear lights on solid, a/o flashing...

It's easy enough and cheap enough to find out. Go to any auto parts and get one of the little $2 or $3 auto flasher units. They work just fine.

Comment

You might want to check the bulbs...They all should match and I believe they all should be 23's..I had the same symptons and matched the bulbs and it solved my problem.

Comment

Or a bulb that is not properly connecting in its socket.

Comment

Will the lights flash when you rev the engine? Turn on one side flashers and slowly increase the engine til 7 or 8k rpm. If the flashers kick in somewhere then it's a charging problem I think. Mine won't kick in til about 3 or 4k. I've gotta get that fixed sometime, but I'm having too much fun riding.

Comment

Like Lonestar suggested check to see if all your bulbs match. on my 1000 I had one side that did not flash but stayed on, when I checked the bulbs I had one that was different and that was the culprit. Good luck

Comment

I would recommend a relay-based flasher made by Tridon (rather than a conventional bimetal flasher). They are a bit more expensive (I bought mine for $8 at Discount Auto Parts), but have some advantages:
              - they last longer, according to my experience
              - they keep flashing at the same rate when your battery is low
              - they keep flashing at the same rate when you lose one lightbulb (although this is more like a disadvantage)
              - the turn light comes on instantly when you flip the switch (while the conventional flasher starts its cycle with the light off). Only half a second difference, but nevertheless...

Comment

BOTH sides are constant on, regardless of conditions/revs/etc.

If I have 'right' flashers selected, both the front & rear right flashers will light solid.

If I select 'left', same thing but on the left.

Comment

Dead flasher relay. Find, unplug, throw away, replace with a new one (see my previous post).

Comment

Working...
                  X