MY NEW GS850G JARDINE EXHAUST PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY NEW GS850G JARDINE EXHAUST PHOTOS

After finally deciding to replace my old GS850G exhaust system I had a new 4 into 2 Jardine system put on this week and it sounds GREAT! I had thought about putting a 4 into 1 system on, but every one I heard sounded like a crotch rochet and I wanted to keep the same good sound from the stock system. This new Jardine system was from www.DennisKirk.com and fit like a glove. It sounds about the same as the old pipes at idle but at highway speeds it is very quiet. I can hear the valves purring and since there is little exhaust noise my radio is very clear! What a difference new pipes make! The new pipes are about 8 inches shorter than the stock pipes.

Terry, how about a pic showing the new pipes? I am in the market to get something for my 1100. I did not know 4-2 Jardines were even available.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

1981 GS1100GL Exhaust

Thanks for the info about Jardine exhausts ( 4 into 2 ) pipes. Where did you locate them and how much did they cost??? (Approximately)

Thanks

Comment

I will take a pic with the new pipes tomorrow but I don't know how to put it up on this site. If you can tell me how to do it let me know. They came from www.DennisKirk.com and cost around $250.00. They have made to fit replacements for a number of different GS models. It is a new set of pipes but you use your old headers and join the new pipes on under the transmission. The biggest difference I noticed from my stock pipes is the quiet ride at highway speeds. My old pipes were REALLY LOUD at 60mph but the new Jardines are so quiet that I don't notice the exhaust sound without listening for it. Quite a big difference. The Jardines look just like the stick pipes but are much shorter. They look just like the stock pipes on my Honda 450 Nighthawk.

Comment

I finally did add a link to the photos of the new pipes. Hope that helps
          Terry

Comment

Pipes look good! Matter of fact, the whole 850 looks great! Good to see a fine touring machine perform well.

Nick

Comment

I hope the links work. Let me know if they don't.

Thanks,
              Terry

Comment

Working...
              X