X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotors

Anyone run cast iron rotors?

I've got a set on some Lester mags.
    I'm not sure, yet, of the weight difference.

Just curious about performance.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Brakes

They are suppose to be good especially in the wet . The old Ducati's ran them but you are loking at rusty rotors when it rains.

Comment

Cast iron rotors are the way to go if you have them, that's top shelf stuff. Brembo, Lockheed, EBC, and others offer them as their top of the line. They give better feel and stopping power. You just have to be careful about the pads you use with them.

In the early '90s carbon fiber rotors were all the rage with the factory teams. But they had to be red hot to work right. They were outlawed to even the playing field.

Comment

I haven't mounted them yet.

These are non driled, solid cast iron.
        Almost new, no scoring on them,but not polished either.
        I'll try them with the stock calipers.
        I'm using organic, non-metallic pads, EBC brand

I'll keep a post on this
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Hi
          on cast, use metallic pads. Cast will take more heat.
          DONT think this is crazy but OIL the part of the rotor not engaged by the pad directly.
          clean off the rotor where the pad touches for overspraying, etc.... this will keep the rusting out of your life if maintained.
          I was rebuilding brakes since the early 80's and I ALWASYS, grease all metal to metal parts and never had a failure or noisy breaks...

Comment

Working...
          X