Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Question

Hey all,

I'm wondering what other models have the same carbs as my 82 GS650G. Are most of the early 80's GS carbs the same? My air/fuel screws are frozen and after lots of liquid wrench & busted knuckles I'm about ready to just get another set.
    Thanks,
    Jasper

I believe, but am not sure, that the carbs from a 750 or 850 will work but you will have to use the spacers and mounting brackets from your current carbs, otherwise the spacing is incorrect. But first try an EZ-out to remove the stuck air screw. If that doesn't work then you might have to get some new carbs. Don't forget to use the right rebuild kit for your bike though...

Steve

Comment

any 32 mm BS style carbs from 4cyl gs should work but as steve said everything needs to be changed all you need are the bare carb bodies jets ,brackets need to be reused from the old carbs unless you get a set for a gs650 also order an O ring kit from Robert Barr befor you start. do a form search for robert barr to find the info

Comment

My 81 850 GL has BS 32SS carbs on it and I have a set of BS32SS carbs that came from a 84 750 ES. They are basically the same but the rails are different and also the vents, choke connection and throttle connection are different. I can change the different stuff to make them work. I would say that anything 750 or 850 might work but you might have to exchange a couple of things.

Comment

Working...
        X