Front Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Master Cylinder

Does anyone sell a front brake master cylinder for a 77 gs750? I haven't checked the local dealer yet because they are pretty far away so i was tring to see if there is anything mail order i could grab one from or even a used one.
    thanks
    -Bri

You can get a used one on ebay. Any thing will work, Just make sure it has a mirror mount and weather it is for a single or dual disk setup I would look for something from a later model GS 450---1100. New universal one's are available from places like DennisKirk.com

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      You can get a used one on ebay. Any thing will work, Just make sure it has a mirror mount and weather it is for a single or dual disk setup I would look for something from a later model GS 450---1100. New universal one's are available from places like DennisKirk.com
      Yeah, the one on my 750 was originally from a Titan! 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Just make sure that you know what it is off of.

I made the mistake of using a Honda master cylinder on a V65 Sabre I had. It worked great for a few months and then started leaking. All I really needed was a new boot and seal for it but the only thing I knew was that it was off of a Honda not what year or what model so I couldn't order any parts for it.

I replaced it with a Sabre Master Cylinder that started le4aking around the window about a year later. That is one of the parts that you can't order so I fixed it with a penny I ground down to fit and a little JB weld. It worked for the next several years that I had the bike. Then I found out that the real fix was to order European watch glass crystals to replace the window.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
          Just make sure that you know what it is off of.

I made the mistake of using a Honda master cylinder on a V65 Sabre I had. It worked great for a few months and then started leaking. All I really needed was a new boot and seal for it but the only thing I knew was that it was off of a Honda not what year or what model so I couldn't order any parts for it.

I replaced it with a Sabre Master Cylinder that started le4aking around the window about a year later. That is one of the parts that you can't order so I fixed it with a penny I ground down to fit and a little JB weld. It worked for the next several years that I had the bike. Then I found out that the real fix was to order European watch glass crystals to replace the window.

Mike
          Uh oh... I wasn't very demanding on the nature of the donor bike for my front master... I do recall it was off a dual front brake system. This has given me no issues on my single front disc. I should figure out what I got shouldn't I?

Comment

mdole;

I have the same problem now with the sight glass.
            It's not leaking, but it's old and crazed.
            What European watch crystal did you use ??

Thanks

Comment

You might wanna try this link for new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sebby110
                mdole;

I have the same problem now with the sight glass.
                It's not leaking, but it's old and crazed.
                What European watch crystal did you use ??

Thanks
                I didn't but there was a thread on it and several buys on the Sab Mag site. Honda Sabre Magna site.

There is a search feature.

Mike

Comment

This is basically what I have on mine, although this one is newer.

My OEM master cylinder had the mirror mount in the removable "C" part of the handlebar clamp, so I just used that piece on the new master cylinder. Peice of cake.

-Q!

Comment

I think the only tricky thing about it is the brake light switch..i have all the small parts to my current one so as long as they are the same i'm golden i suppose..
                    thanks
                    -Bri

Comment

Working...
                    X