Well....it finally died. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....it finally died. :(

Yeah...after 20 something odd years it finally died.

I guess the old thing couldn't put up with the strain.
    It caused a day's worth of sputtering and then gave out completely.
    Yeah.....the stock diaphragm finally gave up the ghost.
    I was in baltimore at the salvage yard buying a set of drag bars(Which fit the bike better and are a hell of a lot more comfortable than those beach bars i had on there before!) when I took the tank off and noticed fuel coming out of the vacuum line! I was like...."Oh crud" because I didn't have my spare diaphragm in my repair case in my bookbag. So I rode back home with the #2 cylinder spewing almost raw fuel and constantly sputtering in and out. I must have gone almost thru a whole tank on the way home. It was awful. My eyes would burn at the stoplights from the heavy fuel out of the exhaust lol...

Replacing it was easy though. Once i did and rode back up to baltimore for my car club meet I got there from silver spring and wasn't even on half a tank!!! SO THAT'S WHERE ALL MY FUEL WAS GOING!!!!!
    My fuel economy is finally where it should be! Just to be safe I'll be ordering a pingle petcock to avoid this issue in the future. :P
    I still have a small restirction somewhere in my fuel line because at 95 mph the bowls empty out. I think it's the fuel filter I have on the bike. It's a paper filter and doens't let the fuel run as freely as a metalmesh filter.
    i'll just keep it under 95 and stick with my paper filter as my tank is about as rusty as a nail on an old sea ship.

Next weekend...muffler replacement!!

Dm of mD

Next time! PLUG the vacuum line and run it on prime

Comment

hey with all that rust you can create your own metal mesh filter :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
        hey with all that rust you can create your own metal mesh filter :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
        Ahahhahhahahaha...that was funny hehehehe....
        :twisted:

Dm of mD

Comment

Oh well, I am still running the original tap etc etc, so must have something to look forward to.

Comment

Hehe...look forward to getting a pingel petcock.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X