82 1100E spark plug socket size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100E spark plug socket size

I'm trying to get my spark plugs out of my new 1100 and I can't seem to find the correct socket to pull them. They're NGK D series, and a digital caliper shows them to be about 18 mm or 0.703 inches wide. They're not 5/8, they're not 13/16. I'm stuck. I'd rather not have to spend on a new socket set. Please help.

What socket size do you use to pull them?

Michael

As you have measured you need a 18 mm deep socket Their should be one in the tool kit if you have it

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      should be one in the tool kit if you have it
      Negative. Thanks for the help though. I guess I'll just have to buy a deep socket. My dad has a set but wouldn't you know... it goes right up to 17mm.

Michael

Comment

18 mm is an odd ball size, and yes in fact it is an 18mm. You can get a single 18mm deep socket for a couple of bucks at an auto supply store or local auto tool supply. This is a standard size for a lot of plugs on bikes and a worthy tool investment.

Dr. Dre

Comment

I have a set of deep well sockets but have trouble getting to the inside plugs on my GS750. I usually use a spark plug wrench that I picked up at a bike shop it is the type that has a rod that slides through on end to make a Tee handle.

This on is long and the handle has a bend in it so that it hangs down beside of the wrench when it is not in use and doesn't come out of the hole on one side.

I have found this is easier to use than a socket and ratchet due to space limitations.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X