NEWBIE needs help with 82' gs450t Need help with clutch LONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well

i adjust the bolt thats in the gizmo and made it so it pushes the rod in but not the whole cover out with the bolts off the cover. maybe that will do it. i do need a sdtronger spring on the clutch cable, it doesdnt weant to pull the clutch handle back to its normal position. Hey thanks blo you helped me out alot.

Comment

Re: well

Thjere are no springs on the clutch cable. If the cable does not move freely, then it is gummed up or rusted up inside and should be replaced or cleaned out. The clutch lever should "flop" freely with about 1/8" of free play at the handlebar fixture.

Earl

Originally posted by mescalinedreamz
      i adjust the bolt thats in the gizmo and made it so it pushes the rod in but not the whole cover out with the bolts off the cover. maybe that will do it. i do need a sdtronger spring on the clutch cable, it doesdnt weant to pull the clutch handle back to its normal position. Hey thanks blo you helped me out alot.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

the spring is connected to the doohicky that brings the clutch handle back in its place.

Comment

nevermind i found how to adjust the clutch cable.

Comment

Working...
          X