Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 650L 1982 does not sart !

Hi,

Fisrt I must say, I am french speaking boy, so please excuse me if my english is not so good.

I will tried to explain my the best I can.

Yesterday, my GS was starting just fine, but after a hour of driving, I stop at the corner of my street, I let go the lever of the clustch to quickly, so naturaly the engine stop. So I tried start it again, but the engine would not start, I can ear a clack! sound, the engine turn a little, but not engough to start.

Does any one as a idea, starter, !?.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Claude Paradis

Does it roll when the clutch is pulled? Can you push it freely even in gear, when clutch is pulled?

If not, look at maybe your clutch has become frozen.

If it has a kick starter, put it in neutral and try that.
    If no kick starter:
    If it rolls fine with the clutch in, put it in 2nd and push start it. If it just locks the wheel when the clutch comes out, you may have a frozen piston. (Bad. very bad)

Sounds most like your starter clutch is bad, or the battery is way too low. Pretty easy and cheap fix either way. Above tests will narrow that down.

If battery is low, check connections. If it's fried, check stator and regulator.

Comment

I push start it, the engine started just fine. I guest that I dont have a frozen piston.

I guest the next step is to check the battery, the strater and regulator.

I am beginner when talking about motocycle mecanic. What is the starter clutch, is it the same as the starter it self.

Thank you !

Claude Paradis

Comment

Look here I just had the same question

Comment

Working...
        X