450T seat on a 450L ? will it work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450T seat on a 450L ? will it work ?

will the 80-83 or so years 450T seat work and fit on a 450L of same year group ? both arethe step up style ones, look same to me but not 100% in vinyl design, but shape looks same, someone cut up my seat recently and ruined it and rmeoved foam, it was in great shape i am *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed off its not cool ppl who can do this to other's property need to be shot

if anyone happens to know what all years and models of seats would work on an 80 450L then pelase lemme know and also if you know what a good used seat for such a bike should run and where i might find one, we have no bike salvage yards around here in central IL, we have not much of anything for vehicles let alone bikes or anything else,

thanks for anything i appreciate it

No, it won't. I've tried it. The frames are different between the T and the L.
    You could sort of "clamp" it on using wire ties, but that obviously won't be ideal.

Comment

dang, hmm that stinks, hmm.. is there no way i could swap the mounting brackets from one seat to the other maybe ? (remember this is the bigger stepped style suzuki seats)

what all models would fit on an L then ? and what all CC's ?

thanks
      R

Comment

I don't know what other models/years would fit the L.
        Now that I think of it, I suppose you could get some mounting brackets from a hardware store. Then position them on the frame in such a way that the T seat would fit. It would probably require a lot of effort to set up the brackets (you may need to bend and/or drill holes in them as the situation warrants). Of course this will leave a gap between the frame and the seat and will probably be ugly, but if your only concern is utility then I'd say go for it.

Comment

ok so the factory brackets would in no way swap between T and L seat ? just checking

hmm..

any ideas where i can find an 80-83 or so 450L seat ? or a way to recover the seat temporarily til i find a new one ? fabric tape ? anything ?

Comment

No, the seat is connected directly to the frame structural members (they aready have the approriate flanges and holes integrated into them).
            I'm guessing you've already tried Ebay. That's really the best source I've found.
            Taping up the seat will work fine for a short while. Or you could just put some canvas over the whole seat for now (ugly but functional).

Comment

Seats:

450L seats are fairly common on ebay... Moreso than 450T/TX seats

For recovering, go to JCWhitney, get a travelcade seat cover... you can DIY recover your seat that way...

Comment

450L seat way uncommon there isnt a single one anywhere on the site, ive tried elsewhere too, i give up trying, its over,.

i think im screwed, i dont know what im gonna do now, perfectly nice mint awesoem running shape bike and no seatnow, damnit... what a waste..

looks like i have to part it out now.., nothing else i can do, lemme know if you know of anyone looking for parts or a parts bike, ill trad eit for a beater pickup or truck or a caprice or something

thanks anyways i appreciate.. good luck to everyone else,

Comment

Dood, just get it recovered. There has to be an upholstery shop near you that can do it. If not you can send it out. I had it done to my 1000 seat for under 80 dollars.

Comment

This auction keeps popping up. No idea if an '85 seat will work, but this one has been on and off ebay for at least a month or 2. Doesn't look all that great, but maybe the stuffing is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                      Dood, just get it recovered. There has to be an upholstery shop near you that can do it. If not you can send it out. I had it done to my 1000 seat for under 80 dollars.
                      i wish we had one around here, but this is central IL where there isnt anything like that

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...901118096&rd=1

This auction keeps popping up. No idea if an '85 seat will work, but this one has been on and off ebay for at least a month or 2. Doesn't look all that great, but maybe the stuffing is ok.
                        no idea if 85 will work i think only 80-83 is same on gs450L parts

hmm

dunno

thanks

Comment

anyone know of any covering material of soem kind that i could use to cover the seat for now ? theres a roll of some thick black almost vinyl looking table covers up at the restaurant, maybe that would work for now ? would wal mart or anything have anything similar ? how is the covering attached to the seat ?>

thanks

Comment

One rip, but not horrible

That one's from a T, but you might be able to switch seat pans and have an almost perfect seat. Cheap too.

Best of luck, don't part the bike out cause of a seat.

Comment

i was looking at bottom side of my seat and whoever said the brackets are not bolted to the seat is wrong, the brackets simply unbolt from the bottom side of the seat, all of them, you can even see that in the pic of the bottom side of the seat in the ebay auction

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X