What Battery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Battery??

I have a 1980 GS850G, Where can I get a good battery for it? Any good web sites or can I get it at Auto Zone?
    Thank You

does your battery have a water level sensor in it now??

Comment

I bought my last battery at Wal-Mart. Normally I have the water level sensor on my bike but at 4 times the price of one without the sensor I can afford to replace the battery due to neglect (since I check it once a week, that is not a problem anyway). I have had the same battery for 2 years and it is still doing fine. Paid $29.95 for it. Auto Zone also has them for about the same price.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
        I bought my last battery at Wal-Mart. Normally I have the water level sensor on my bike but at 4 times the price of one without the sensor I can afford to replace the battery due to neglect (since I check it once a week, that is not a problem anyway). I have had the same battery for 2 years and it is still doing fine. Paid $29.95 for it. Auto Zone also has them for about the same price.

Hap
        I DONT REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE PODS ON YOUR BIKE BUT I WILL ASUME THAT YOU DO IF YOU ARE ABLE TO EASILY CHECK IT ONCE A WEEK ((IM ASUMING ITS EASILY)) OR YOU MAY JUST BE A SAINT 8O

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
          Originally posted by Hap Call

Hap
          I DONT REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE PODS ON YOUR BIKE BUT I WILL ASUME THAT YOU DO IF YOU ARE ABLE TO EASILY CHECK IT ONCE A WEEK ((IM ASUMING ITS EASILY)) OR YOU MAY JUST BE A SAINT 8O
          I have pods, but I do have a night gig as a saint...doesn't pay well but the benefits are excellent! :roll:

Hap

Comment

850G...Get it at Walmart. 34 bucks and I have had it for 2 years with no problems at all.

Comment

The brand of battery is probably not as important as how you maintain it. My '97 ZX9 is still running on the original sealed Yuasa battery it came with. All winter long, and any time it won't be used for more than a few weeks I pull the battery and put it on the Battery Tender ($34 from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse.) It is a nice little unit that swithces to an extremely low charge rate once the battery is fully charged. You can leave it plugged in indefinitely. I have one for each bike, and even the crappy Exide battery in my '78 has seen more than 4 seasons. That bike got a cheapo battery since it has a vestigial kick starter.

Comment

simon waters also gets an unusually long amount of service from his batteries

Comment

You can get the batteries, with the fluid level sensors, from Interstate Battery Co., for a reasonable price

Comment

I got tired of checking the water in the battery every time I wanted to ride as I really do not want to fry my new electrex with a dry battery. For the peace of mind, it was worth it to me, to spend the 60 bucks for a sealed Yuasa cycle battery. Other than doing a voltage check occasionally (for my own peace of mind), the battery requires no maintenance. Every now and then look to see that the terminals are clean and tight and thats all.

Earl

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                    does your battery have a water level sensor in it now??
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X