Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float Heights

Hey guys,
    I am doing some carb work on my 78 gs750. I was wondering if anyone knows what the standard float height is? I had some oil in the crankcase and am trying to iron out the problems. Where is this measurement taken from?
    Thanks
    Josh

Oil in the crankcase. Thats good. I suspect you meant gas in the crank case right? What carbs do you have?

Comment

I ALSO HAVE A 78 750, MY FLOAT HEIGHT IS SET AT 25MM

Comment

YUPPERS I MEANT GAS IN THE CRANKCASE. I GUESS THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR BRAIN CAN TYPE FASTER THEN YOUR FINGERS EH? THEY ARE THE STOCK MIKUNI CARBS. THATS ABOUT ALL I CAN TELL YA ON THE CARBS.

JOSH

Comment

WHAT POINTS ARE YOU MEASURING FROM TO GET THE HEIGHT? IS THIS THE STOCK DISTANCE?

Comment

MY BOOK HAS 23-25MM, MEASURE BETWEEN TOP OF FLOAT AND GASKET SURFACE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE GASKET NOT ON.....SO YOUR BIKE IS STOCK SETUP?

Comment

YEH THE BIKE IS ALL STOCK AT THE MOMENT. I AM LOOKING AT JUST GETTING HER ON THE ROAD WITHOUT ANY BREAKDOWNS. THEN THE MODS CAN COME. :twisted:

Comment

COOL :twisted:

Comment

Re: Float Heights

I have a 79 750E. float height is 24-25 mm. The height is measured with the carb upside down, the float bowl off and the measurement is from the surface the gasket would be sitting on to the top surface of the float. The weight of the float will be holding the needle valve closed.

Earl

Originally posted by JoCo
                  Hey guys,
                  I am doing some carb work on my 78 gs750. I was wondering if anyone knows what the standard float height is? I had some oil in the crankcase and am trying to iron out the problems. Where is this measurement taken from?
                  Thanks
                  Josh
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks guys. Maybe with this site and a little luck I might have her back on the road in this lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                    X