Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T help needed!!

2 questions:
    1983 GS750T starts right up. Runs fine with full choke. Remove the choke and bike won't idle. When riding it runs rough and requires more than 1/4 throttle twist to get any power at all. Stalls at traffic light.
    I did remove the throttle grip and installed a new one. Didn't have a problem prior to that.

My tank has a fuel level sending unit. Besides the 2 electrical wires running from it, there is a hose attached to the unit. Is this just a drain hose or does it connect somewhere. I can't find a connection and foolishly didn't pay attention to it when removing the tank.

Thanks for any help you can give.

All you did was change the throttle grip and you have this problem?
    This would not cause your problem. I don't know what you could have done to cause this just by taking off the tank.
    A few simple checks: does the throttle cable have the correct slack?
    Are the 2 float bowl vent lines clear/open and routed without any kinking?
    Is the fuel line connected without any kinking?
    The vacuum line could have cracked while you took off the tank. This could result in poor fuel flow.
    Is the petcock selector pointing to "on" or "res" and not somewhere in between?
    The fuel sending unit hose is there as a drain in case of unit gasket failure.
    Just make sure it's routed so gas would not spill on the motor.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Petcock vaccum line would be my guess as to what could have gone wrong. The hose from the fuel guage area is just a vent line.

Comment

Did you readjust the thumscrew for the idle on the Carbs. It is directly in the middle usually and when you put on new throttle cables you need to adjust this. It is an easy fix that a lot of people miss.

Comment

Working...
        X