cleaning carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning carbs

i just bought an 81 gs550l today and the guy who sold it to me told me that the carbs need cleaning.he also told me about this website and said that i could probably get someone from here to come over and help me with it if i buy them beer and pizza. so here is the offer. all the beer and pizza you want is in Plano texas for anyone willing to help me with my bike.
    just reply to this thread or email me at : Bert121685@aol.com. make the topic of the email somethin about suzuki's so i dont accidently delete it.
    any help will be greatly appreciated.
    bret

Get started!

Oh, Bret!! Do it yourself.....you'll have fun and feel so accomplished when your bike whizzzzzes down the road running great. Rebuilding the carbs isn't much of a job (with the exception of getting some of those sons of bit##es off and on) and you'll learn a great deal in the process.

You'll find there are a bunch of great people on the forum that can offer advice, every step of the way, and you can also do a search of previous posts regarding any difficulties that you encounter. :?

Jump in and get your feet wet....you'll never regret it and, before you know it, you'll be advising others. WELCOME ABOARD...now, get busy.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

If you can't get a Dallas area rider to help you can send them to me and use the beer and pizza money for shipping. Check out the Meetingplace section for an upcoming Fall Hill Country Ride. We get together twice a year to ride some of the finest bike roads you will ever find.

Comment

Re: Get started!

Originally posted by chuckycheese
        Oh, Bret!! Do it yourself.....you'll have fun and feel so accomplished when your bike whizzzzzes down the road running great. Rebuilding the carbs isn't much of a job (with the exception of getting some of those sons of bit##es off and on) and you'll learn a great deal in the process.

You'll find there are a bunch of great people on the forum that can offer advice, every step of the way, and you can also do a search of previous posts regarding any difficulties that you encounter. :?

Jump in and get your feet wet....you'll never regret it and, before you know it, you'll be advising others. WELCOME ABOARD...now, get busy.

sounds good to me. i could probably do it myself but i have no clue how. does anyone know any websites or anything that can help me out

Comment

Ahhhh... Perhaps now I see the confusion. This web site right here is the best on the web for that kind of thing. Check out http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm for the step-by step instructions. Further questions may be answered in the forum (which is what your're reading right now).

Some more reading on carbs here:

Michael

Comment

Working...
          X