After-market (Travelcade) seat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After-market (Travelcade) seat cover

Someone along the way said that if I put a Travelcade seat cover on my 1981 GS 750 E, I would have to do away with the handrail. Anyone have any experience along these lines? Thanks in advance.

I used a Travelcade cover on my 550L. The handrail/sissy bar was not effected. Is this what you mean?

Comment

I have one on my 81 GS750L and it didn't require removing anything. The L just has a grab bar behinfd the seat.

Mike

Comment

I put a travelcade cover on my 1100EX. Just had to cut
        holes in the new cover to accomidate the handrail.

Comment

I put Travelcade cover on both my bikes. Both are the Gs that had what some call 'grab bar'. Just remove grab bar (and rubber gromets) by taking out the 4 screws into the pan. Replace the cover (snuggly but not too tight). I would suggest to Maybe forget about the grab bar and get some use/wear on the cover for a while, let it wear in. Then after you develope some confidence that you dont want to take cover off again and adjust or whatever, then put grab bar back on so it looks more like stock or at least more complete. Is easy to feel and find where to poke a hole for the bolt holes. Just poke a little hole first to verify location, then maybe make hole a bit larger so screw doesnt twist the cover material.
          - I also replaced the rubber gromets (kinda like washer inside a grommet actually), but that was a few years ago, dont really know the availablity of them now.
          - Also, dont wait until foam is deteriorated. On the first one I patched, and patched, and repatched it. Then on 2nd bike at first sign of a split, I replaced it right away. But definitalty, dont wait until foam is deteriorated.
          - My 850 has a trim pieces along bottom of seat also. Those also were removed and reinstalled. And I got a replacement one last year from dealer.
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Thanks to all for responding. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing this aftermarket cover if one of you would be so kind as to post a picture. I have an OEM seat on my 1100G, but like the idea of converting it to something even more comfortable, perhaps more like a Gold Wing seat if I can do it without changing the seat pan...

Thanks in advance,

Steve 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy
                I'd be interested in seeing this aftermarket cover if one of you would be so kind as to post a picture. I have an OEM seat on my 1100G, but like the idea of converting it to something even more comfortable, perhaps more like a Gold Wing seat if I can do it without changing the seat pan...

Thanks in advance,

Steve 8)
                Travelcade covers are stock-replacement design...

See www.jcwhitney.com for pics...

Comment

Thanks!

Steve 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X