fuse question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse question

hey looking for a quick answer here, 1979 gs425e, under the seat by the aircleaner is a inline fuse. without this fuse all the electrics are dead. with the blown fuse in place everything works except the electric start. I thought my starter was shot but could this fuse be the main fuse for the starter but still allow everything else to work when it is blown?

Re: fuse question

There is no fuse on the power feed to the starter. You might check to see if you have power going to your starter solenoid because if there isnt, the starter cannot be energized.

Earl

Originally posted by karl
    hey looking for a quick answer here, 1979 gs425e, under the seat by the aircleaner is a inline fuse. without this fuse all the electrics are dead. with the blown fuse in place everything works except the electric start. I thought my starter was shot but could this fuse be the main fuse for the starter but still allow everything else to work when it is blown?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

thanks earl. where do I dind the starter solenoid?

Comment

Usually its under the left side cover.

Earl

Originally posted by karl
        thanks earl. where do I dind the starter solenoid?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X