83 GS750 coming back to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750 coming back to life

Finally getting the old girl back together. Should be done by mid summer. Anyone interested in a clean TL1000S? Thanks, Ed.

Ed,
    Let me know if there is anything you need. I still have a few stock parts lying around.

Both bikes look great. If we weren't in the process of selling the house we're in and looking for one in SA I would be interested in the TL.

Comment

ed, verry nice bike. i really like the clip-on's. what are they off of ? an was there much truoble mounting them up? i would of figured it would be a tight squeeze next to the tank with the wheel all the way turned.

Comment

Billy, I will do, I am using the rear master cylinder you sent me a while back. Hate to get rid of the TL as it is perfect but the cash from it is going to finance the full engine build. The bottom end is bone stock on both motors I have- I plan on doing a full build this time with all fresh internals including crank on the big bore motor. I will also keep a backup 750cc semi-stock motor. Thanks Again, Ed.

Comment

Pete, the clipons are aftermarket bars made by Datona. I bought them back in the mid 80's- they were one of the first mods I did. I do not know if they are still around. They worked with the E model bikini fairing as this is what the bike originally had in addition to the frame mounted ES fairing I now have on it. They are fully adjustable and clear the tank with about an inch to spare at full lock. Thanks , Ed.

Comment

ed, ive herd that clip-ons from a 1988 cbr600 will also fit the 750es. but its the fairing and the tank that im worring about. do u think they will clear the fairing and the tank as well as your datona clip-ons?

Comment

Pete, don't know about that. If they bolt to the top of the triple clamps as mine do they should be similar. Also, notice in my close up photo that the Datona bars have an adjustment that allows the bar to pivot outward as it mounts to the triple clamp. The set screw bolt holes are slotted-that is what allows the movement. I have mine full outward. That might be the crucial difference in that the honda bars might not allow this. If that is the case you could possibly slot the holes to allow movement. If the photo is not clear enough, I can email you a close up. Good Luck, Ed.

Comment

actually i did notice that an thanks for pointing it out, i think i probably could find a way to slot them so it would give me some more space, i think im gona try to pick up a set an try it out. i hate the riding position im in now. im sitting way to upright. some rearsets would be nice to. keep up the good work ed looks great and thanks for the advice.

Comment

Rebuild

quote The bottom end is bone stock on both motors I have- I plan on doing a full build this time with all fresh internals including crank on the big bore motor. I will also keep a backup 750cc semi-stock motor. Thanks Again, Ed.

Ed,
                  I would be interested in more details on your plans for building a big bore gs. What are you using for pistons? What other changes do you have planned?

Kevan
                  GS750
                  169,000kms

Comment

I have two blocks- one 750cc @ 10.25-1 and another 802cc @ 11.25-1. I use the same top end on either. It has Megacycle springs,rockers and valve work with Cammotion G15 cams (.350 @ 252) with mikuni 34 flatslides and V+H pipe. The 802cc motor is derived from using 1982 1000SZ Katana pistons (69.4mm). It is a real monster but I find the compression too high for everyday street riding. On the next build I plan on doing a full crank job-lighten,balance and polish along with rods and a Wiseco 816cc piston kit. This is only 10.25-1 which is perfect for the street. Clutch also needs to be done. Plan on using APE for all bottom end work. Also will probably spring for RS 34 Mikuni carbs as have been using GSXR flatslides for years. This will be my fourth major rebuild of this bike over the past 20 years. Ride On, Ed,

Comment

I have two blocks- one 750cc @ 10.25-1 and another 802cc @ 11.25-1. I use the same top end on either. It has Megacycle springs,rockers and valve work with Cammotion G15 cams (.350 @ 252) with mikuni 34 flatslides and V+H pipe. The 802cc motor is derived from using 1982 1000SZ Katana pistons (69.4mm). It is a real monster but I find the compression too high for everyday street riding. On the next build I plan on doing a full crank job-lighten,balance and polish along with rods and a Wiseco 816cc piston kit. This is only 10.25-1 which is perfect for the street. Clutch also needs to be done. Plan on using APE for all bottom end work. Also will probably spring for RS 34 Mikuni carbs as have been using GSXR flatslides for years. This will be my fourth major rebuild of this bike over the past 20 years. Ride On, Ed,

Comment

Working...
                      X