Exhaust for GS1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
    I'm using a Yosh Duplex from an air-cooled GSX-R750 on my '85 GS700E. I went on the assumption that the carb spacing was the same so it might fit. I was right, fits like a glove. I have a feeling if you stick to liter class GSX-R pipes on liter class and pre '83 750's there is a good chance it will fit. '83 and later 750's need an air-cooled GSX-R750 pipe to have a chance of fitting. The air-cooled Kats have the same castings as the GSX-Rs so you can assume they have a good chance of fitting too. If you don't buy a trashed exhaust you can always resell if it doesn't fit.
    Billy, what castings are you talking about that are the same between the air-cooled Kats and the GSX-R? Surely not the head?

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
      Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      I'm using a Yosh Duplex from an air-cooled GSX-R750 on my '85 GS700E. I went on the assumption that the carb spacing was the same so it might fit. I was right, fits like a glove. I have a feeling if you stick to liter class GSX-R pipes on liter class and pre '83 750's there is a good chance it will fit. '83 and later 750's need an air-cooled GSX-R750 pipe to have a chance of fitting. The air-cooled Kats have the same castings as the GSX-Rs so you can assume they have a good chance of fitting too. If you don't buy a trashed exhaust you can always resell if it doesn't fit.
      Billy, what castings are you talking about that are the same between the air-cooled Kats and the GSX-R? Surely not the head?

Hap
      My mistake, you are talking about the air-oil cooled Kats, not the GS based Kats.

Hap

Comment

Actually done it !!

Hi,

Forcing this topic back "on topic mode" --> exhaust exchange between different models. Well, I actually did it. Mounted the original exhaust/pipes from a '91 GSX-R 1100 on my '83 GSX750ES.
        Lost my mid-stand, and had to create some non-original brackets, but I'm a happy man now.
        Read my full report on http://home.hetnet.nl/~leggev/gsx/exhaust

cu,
        John

Comment

Headers

:roll: I know that the 81,82 750 GS and 81,82,83 1100 GS&Kat all have the same size diametre tubes and spacing.

Andre

Comment

Working...
          X