JC Whitney Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Whitney Windscreen

Anybody out there in GS land ever order the replacement windscreen for the windjammer fairing from JC Whitney? I hit some really bad ruts this weekend and all the mount holes now are starred on mine (the whole bike really took a bad jarring). I was just wondering if it the "exact" fit that they claim.

Re: JC Whitney Windscreen

I was just wondering if it the "exact" fit that they claim.[/quote]

I find most of their stuff to be pretty darn good....But I can't tell ya anything about their screens....Now seat covers they sell are 1st quality//Travelcade

Comment

I've bought stuff from JC Whitney for years and if they say something will fit something else... it usually does. But here's another option. Check this eBay auction for a WIndjammer windshield...

GY

Comment

Well...........the price certainly is right. I'll keep my eyes on the auction and maybe hop in at the last moment.

Comment

Good source for motorcycle parts eBay is...
          so far I have bought:

a Vetter Windjammer
          A fairing mounting bracket,
          Fairing wire harness,
          Fairing lowers
          A lockable side compartment lid for fairing
          and a great looking luggagerack, back rest!

I think I'll get a sticker for my bike that say, "I love eBay"

GY

Comment

I poked around a bit after looking at the $1 windscreen and noticed quite the heck of a package. A Windjammer III fairing, soft bags, hard trunk and all mounting hardware for a yet to be determined price ($50 is the bid, reserve not yet met).

Comment

I don't know, the ebay windshield doesn't look like it would fit a vetter windshield, I would order one from JC Whitney that way you can return it if you are not happy I have seen them go for 30-40 $ on ebay. The cost of a new one from JCW

Comment

JC Whitney windscreen replacement

I have not used one of the JC Whitney replacement windscreens, but my father-in-law put one of their tall replacement screens on his 1982 Gold Wing and it fit perfectly and looks great. Hope this helps.
                Terry

Comment

I don't know about the Whitney windshield; I just bought a used Windjammer w/o windshield to mount on my 750. I got the Slipstreamer Windjammer replacement from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse. It seems to line up properly, and comes with a full set of nylon mounting hardware and clips. I haven't mounted it yet because I have some bike work to do before I mount the fairing. MAW's price was a couple of bucks cheaper than listings I found elsewhere , but they get it back in shipping plus a separate handling charge .

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I took a second look at the $1 windscreen and it does appear to be different than the one I'm trying to replace. I guess I got a little teary eyed (sniff......sniff....) at the $1 going bid . I'll probably end up buying the JC Whitney stuff, but will look around first to see if I can save a buck or 2 (crappola I sound like that Miss Save-A-Lot)

Comment

I wouldn't give up on that eBay shield quite so quickly. Poorly framed picture doesn't show the contour of the bottom of the windshield, but to the best of my knowledge all Windjammer windshields had the same bottom contour. The only differences I recall were in options: 2" taller, and pop vents. The one on eBay obviously is without pop vents; I can't really tell if it's the standard or tall option, though I'd guess it's standard. I had a Windjammer with pop vents on a Honda CB500 back in the mid to late 70's, and didn't feel the vents provided any noticeable air flow, although I've seen opinions to the contrary in other posts here in the Forum.

If there's a risk, it's that the seller may be guessing that it's for a Windjammer. Might be worth asking the seller some questions. Ask for a few pertinent dimensions; compare his response to your old windshield. Maybe you can get him to take a couple more pictures and email them to you.

I did see an eBay item recently identified as a "Windjammer type fairing." It was really an old Bates or similar type handlebar mount fairing 8O . Some sellers obviously don't let a lack of knowledge hold them back. Good luck, in whatever you decide to do .

Comment

Whitney Winjammer Windshields

Over the years I have purchased three Windshields from Whitney for my Winjammer SS. I get the tall size. They bolted right on and held up well.

DonP
                        80 GS850G
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                        X