oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak

i took the cover off in front of the front sprocket and the oil is coming out of the gear shift rod is there any way to fix this?

Re: oil leak

Originally posted by rangerracer
    i took the cover off in front of the front sprocket and the oil is coming out of the gear shift rod is there any way to fix this?
    There is a double lipped seal that you need to pull out and replace. normally they don't give much problems but age may have gotten to yours.

Hap

Comment

Cuidado!!

The seals are easy to change out but you need to be really careful not to ruin the new one when installing it. It's a tight fit so be sure that it goes in straight. :? (I wrecked 2 of them in a row before figuring it out so, unfortunately,...I know what I'm talking about )
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

is this a oil seal for a 550? and i am haveing the same problem, where do you get one, i looked at the micro fiche but couldn't find the seal.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
          is this a oil seal for a 550? and i am haveing the same problem, where do you get one, i looked at the micro fiche but couldn't find the seal.

-ryan
          For a 1981 GS550T:

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Part Number: 09285-12002
          Description: SHIFT SHAFT OIL
          Price: $1.47

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            For a 1981 GS550T:

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Part Number: 09285-12002
            Description: SHIFT SHAFT OIL
            Price: $1.47
            Chuckycheese is right: better order two seals. Chances are you'll damage the new seal the first time.

Comment

Ron Ayers

I think Ron Ayers is great and I've done a lot of business with them but for such a cheap item, the shipping cost will eat you alive....I'd order it from my local dealer. It'll be more expensive but...so what
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
              X