Retain centerstand with a V&H exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retain centerstand with a V&H exhaust?

Hey everybody, it's been awhile....so long my profile got deleted - d'oh! :? Anyway, my GS1100E doesn't have a centerstand and I was wondering if I could put one on with a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 megaphone. I might be able to get ahold of one, but I don't want to waste the money if there are clearance issues with this exhaust. I don't recall seeing any warnings about having to remove the centerstand, at least in the Dennis Kirk catalog, but I figured I'd ask here since that exhaust has got to be pretty common. Thanks guys!

I think it should fit. Is this the exhaust you have? This is on an 1150, but I think the fit would be the same.

Comment

Hate to be vague but it depends on the model of the V&H header. Some require removal, some don't...

Hap

Comment

Hey I know you!!!

You're that crazy guy from BB!!!!

:P
        Dm of mD

Comment

Yo, what up Det! 8)

Hap, it's the 4 into 1 megaphone, not the Pro drag pipe. I think the model number is S110IN. Looks something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by skytzo
            Yo, what up Det! 8)

Hap, it's the 4 into 1 megaphone, not the Pro drag pipe. I think the model number is S110IN. Looks something like this:
            Here are the instructions that come with that pipe:

It tells you what to do with the centerstand.

Hap

Comment

I just put a V&H system on my 1000S.
              The megaphone, not drag pipe.

retained the center stand and access to the oil filter, no problems.
              Keith
              -------------------------------------------
              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I have a V&H megaphone on every GS 1100 E I've ever owned, never had to remove the center stand. Years ago, the V&H came with a center stand stop bracket, if it doesn't anymore, they are easily fabricated.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I have an 83 GS750T with a Kerker 4 into 1 like tha V&H. Can I put a center stand on? Also can I use one from a 81 GS550?

Comment

My GS1000 has V&H 4 into 1 and a center stand.
                    Before this pipe it had a Kerker 4 into 1 and a center stand.
                    I guess each application varies.

Comment

Re: Retain centerstand with a V&H exhaust?

Yes, a V & H 4 into 1 will fit an 1100E and you can keep your centerstand. clearance is fine. Been there, done that. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by skytzo
                      Hey everybody, it's been awhile....so long my profile got deleted - d'oh! :? Anyway, my GS1100E doesn't have a centerstand and I was wondering if I could put one on with a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 megaphone. I might be able to get ahold of one, but I don't want to waste the money if there are clearance issues with this exhaust. I don't recall seeing any warnings about having to remove the centerstand, at least in the Dennis Kirk catalog, but I figured I'd ask here since that exhaust has got to be pretty common. Thanks guys!
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X