Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutral Indicator Light

Hello All,

I threw out the guages for my 79 GS 850 today. Well, not literally threw them out, but have decided not to use them for the bike. I will go to aftermarket ones, to kind of clean up the look of the bike a bit (very subjective I know).

My question: How would I wire up a seperate indictor light for neutral, as the gauges that I will be using don't allow for this display.

Afterall, it is nice to know when your bike is in neutral right?

I'm not familiar with your guages. Does the indicator just have a light plugged into the back of the guage or is it internal? If it has a light plugged nto the back that's the start for n indicator. At any rate all you have to do is locate the wires that power that indicator then hook up a small led and find a place to mount it. The red led's show up best in daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      I'm not familiar with your guages. Does the indicator just have a light plugged into the back of the guage or is it internal? If it has a light plugged nto the back that's the start for n indicator. At any rate all you have to do is locate the wires that power that indicator then hook up a small led and find a place to mount it. The red led's show up best in daylight.
      Thanks Billy,

Now that I'm reading your response I feel a little foolish about my question. Afterall, it's a straight forward question, responded to with a simple answer! I don't know why I did't think of that myself. :roll:

But the real question is why am I spending so much time on this board?
      I think I need to get a life! No wait, I think I just need to get the bike finished and go out for a long ride!

Thanks

p.s. Maybe when I get the courage I will post a picture of
      strange looking GS

Comment

The neutral light is turned on when it is grounded thru the gear position switch-- blue wire

Comment

Working...
        X