A couple of simple (stupid) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of simple (stupid) questions

I've got a couple of really simple questions that have come up while working on my bike. Forgive me, but I'm a brand new rider.

1) When I took my headlight off, I noticed that there is a small yellow light, which isn't connected to anything. It just has the flying leads dangling. What is the purpose of this light?

2) When I was fixing up the fuel petcock, I was suprised to see that the reserve and main were actually being fed from the same point (through the filter). Given that they are sucking in the gas from the same point, how does the reserve get access to the last few litres of gas, while the main doesn't?

Thanks!
    Tom

Not sure about the first question, but I can answer the second one. The petcock has a tube sticking up in the tank a couple inches. This is where the main draws from. The reserve actually draws from the bottom of the tank, so you get that last couple inches worth of fuel.

Comment

same as above, never pulled the headlight (yet) but the petcock filter has a tube internally that differeniates res from run, but they use the same filter element to clean the gas. that's why when you remove the actual petcock and pull the filter, it only fits back in one way!

Comment

i dont khow which bike you have but some have a power indicator light
        in them

Comment

you must have a bike that is a uk model or at least a head light that came from the uk. thay have a parking light in the head light bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by gremlin
            you must have a bike that is a uk model or at least a head light that came from the uk. thay have a parking light in the head light bucket.
            Mine katana 650 came from Australia and it has this little yelow bulb.
            Yes it?s a parking light.

Comment

Working...
            X