Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedometers

Hello All,

Yet another question. Has anyone used a bicycle speedomter on their bikes. Mines a 79 gs 850. I have looked at some but the mounting distance of the sensor from the magnet is 2mm which would seem impossimple to acheive. also since I have mags the spoke mounting option of the magnet is also impossible. Furthermore the top speed of the speedometer is too low, as well as the input sizes for callibration of the unit are not suitable.

I have heard of people using these on the forum and would like to know how its done and with what model/manufacturer of speedometer.

Thanks

The Sigma brand computers will work, not sure on the mounting, I'm thinking you might mount the magnet to the disc brake, but I don't know. It can be done, just may take some creativity. The sigmas allow you to enter in the circumference of the wheel/tire combo, and the speeds it allows are pretty high, not sure what the number is though. I think over 100 mph though. You can also select mph or kph.

Comment

I put a Sigma on another bike. Works great and has lots of cool features - max speed , average speed, riding time, ride distance, etc. It's very accurate when you calibrate it.

I just taped the magnet to the rotor with some electrical tape and zip-tied the sensor to the fork leg. You'll need the clearance to be several mm, any more and it won't work. You might need to be creative with mtg location or spacers to get the clearance right.

Debby
      1979 GS1000N
      2019 Kaw Z900RS
      plus a few more

Comment

I love mine! For the price you get so much. I opted for a Sigma Sport 1600. Basically it has 16 functions, not that you'll use them all (Cadence), others you will (Odometer-able to be set-, and trip meters. But for me the size was the real selling point. These things are smaller than they look on websites.

The installation is really pretty simple. The trickiest part was the wheel-size set up.

PM me with your email address if you want a description of my install with pics. I didn't do it, but I suppose I should have.

Comment

Hmmm Cadence, I wonder if that reads up to 10,000rpm

Comment

Working...
          X