Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for fairings for a 1985 gs700es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for fairings for a 1985 gs700es?

I recently bought a 1985 suzuki gs700e and was wanting to add the gs700es fairings. I was wondering if anyone had any, or could refer me to a site that I could purchase it? I would greatly appreciate any help. Oh bye the way I'm new this whole forum thing!

Keep an eye on eBay, one may show up.

Comment

are you in the uk or us and is the fairing same as a gsx750es

Comment

Is that the half fairing ? If it is I might have one for you.
        I have 1 in pretty good shape (blue) and should be getting one from a 84 this weekend.
        I don't know if there is a lower piece for it to cover up mounting bolts?

Mike

Comment

If I was you, I would get it new, while you still can. I'll betcha bikebandit.com can track it down for you...

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
            Is that the half fairing ? If it is I might have one for you.
            I have 1 in pretty good shape (blue) and should be getting one from a 84 this weekend.
            I don't know if there is a lower piece for it to cover up mounting bolts?

Mike
            i would be interested in maybe purchasing if they are in good shape no cracks etc...

Comment

there is a site listed on here somewhere that sells them new for $100.

Comment

They sell many types

Comment

Keep in mind that you will need all the other peices as well. The subframe, headlight, and windsheild. Costs can add up, so just know what you're getting into.

Comment

The 750ES and 700ES fairings should be swappable (same frame, same engine and suspension, but slightly different tanks, seats, and tails).

But neither bike came with full factory lowers - there's the nose fairing, and the "lowers" which basically cover up the mounting holes in the bottom of the nose fairing, but only extend the fairing to top of the valve cover.

Lockhart used to make full lowers for GS fairings, but they don't any more. They come up on eBay every now and then - but make sure you get the mounting brackets with them - your factory headlight bracket is different from the nose fairing bracket on the ES model - the headlight becomes part of the fairing when it's mounted together - but the misc. fairing mounting holes are still on the E frames, even though they didn't come with fairings....

-Q!

Comment

Found these pictures...

The first is a GS700ESF with the factory nose and "lower" fairings. The second is a GS700ES(F, I think) with aftermarket lowers not mounted - notice the mounting holes at the bottom of the nose fairing. The first bike is for sale on eBay right now, the second is one I came across on cycletrader.com a few months ago. Notice the blue stock fairing "lower" in the foreground of the second picture....

Hope this helps,

-Q!

(Had to sneak this one in here - this is a beautiful 1985 GS750EF (I think it started its life without the ESF fairings) with full lowers belonging to Chris Hebb from Nova Scotia (from the GS gallery here). The nose fairings look to be identical to the 700.)

Comment

great pictures!!!! i definitely need to change mine to an es i wear glasses and a little protection would be nice! That is the first yellow 700 i have seen.

Comment

I added the ES fairing to my 83750E years ago. It took a little while bit I was able to buy the frame mounted bracket and bodywork thru a salvage yard and have them repainted when I did the whole bike. The ES fairing does look good but do not expect any wind protection, it is cosmetic only. I would not go with the lowers-they do not belong on an air-cooled bike. Good Luck, Ed.
                          1983 GS750ED
                          2001 TL1000S

Comment

i've had bikini fairings in the past on other bike and they are usually just enough to knock part of the wind off my face. i normally wear a fullface helmet except when it is too hot. thanks for the info!

Comment

Hi the gs550 fairing is from a 84 and is blue red an white.
                              The paint has scratches but the fairing has no cracks.
                              I just got a 86 gs750 es and I have the headlight and stay as well.
                              Like someone mentioned here before there is a small diff between the 550 and 750 mounting holes in the stay.
                              I also have a wind screen for it .
                              None of the part are new but are in good useable shape.
                              Let me know if anyone is interested in it
                              Since there are a lot of really nice folks here on the forum I'll let the stuff go to a good home for $50.00 +shipping
                              Mikey

Comment

Working...
                              X