Air/Screw Mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air/Screw Mixture

My question is unfortunatly not about a gs but about a yamaha. I have taken the carbs off because the floats were stuck and of course dumping fuel everywhere. My question is when I took the carbs apart the air fuel mixture had 1 1/2 turns ofr the left carb but 5 for the right one. Now I can't give a good spark plug check as this bike has sat for a few years and was previously in an accident. I have finished straightening the frame and handlebars but of course it isn't street legal yet. Any of you carb gurus out there have any tips for me because obviously the pilot screw is off somehow. Thanks ahead of time.

I would put the screw back to 1 1/2 turns and test when you get it going.
    Five turns out is not right. Either someone just set it wrong, or it's missing its spring which will allow vibrations to move the screw, or someone set it out that far trying to compensate for a lean mixture problem. You'll find out after you get it going and test.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

That much variation is wrong. 1 1/2 is a good starting point. Minor variations of less than 1/4 are possible to get the mixture right on each carb, if you were in the factory doing it!

Comment

Probably was having carb issues and was trying to 'fix' it like they said above. Or badly out of sync.

Comment

Working...
        X