HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! Please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! Please???

Hey Everyone!! It's me again. This time I can't seem to get my 1980 GS 850 GL to let fuel get into the carbs. The bike starts up fine with starting fluid but then it just dies. I bought a fuel valve rebuild kit and put it on the way I took it off yet it still does not work. It's very confusing and I would like to get the bike running as soon as possible. Can someone help out with this problem? Is there a aftermarket fuel valve that will fit? Thanks for your time.

Pull the vacuum line off at the carb and the fuel line at the petcock. Attach a short piece of fuel line to the petcock so any fuel that comes out can be caught in something. Suck on the vacuum line to see if fuels flows. If not the petcock needs some adjusting. You should have a prime position to get the carbs filled without cranking the engine.

Comment

The petcock on that model is a real pain in the A$$. Try playing with the prime screw with the fuel hose going to a jar, to see if you can get the prime to work. Also try what Billy said. I'm not sure if there is enough room to put a Pingel petcock in, it's a pretty tight spot, I think I had read that somebody put one on that model though.

On another note, if you can get your bike running in time, you should join us on the Maine ride, check out the post in the MeetingPlace forum, and click the link in my signature, to find out more.

Comment

Make sure you re-assembled the petcock right...

I had a problem with this on my 850, if it's not done right it won't open.

Also, try turning it to prime with the fuel line pointing into a jar.

You should get fuel flow...

Comment

Working...
        X