Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bike is back on the road....almost!

ok folks...

had the bike running this weekend and its not quite perfect yet....

couple of questions if you'll induldge me...

Plugs - i put 4 new ones this year but some have been pretty badly caked in black crud whilst i was working on things.....will that hose them or should they uncrud and start sparking now the bike is running better or should i drop a few bucks and replace the caked ones again...?

rpm at idle...seems kinda high....tach shows 1600 after warmed up and choke off..sounds higher than before...(i did some basic carb work so i'm thinking i may have changed something..all i did was remove the fuel bowls..) is that high and how do i alter it...

Plug color.....if someone could give me the plug color adjustment 101 that woudl be great.....currently 2 & 3 and a light brown color (i think thsi is ok) 4 (as you sit on the bike) is really white...(so to lean ??) and 1 is black (and not currently firing)

what i've doen so far with regards to plugs is to arc to engine block to ensure spark which was ok

any help greatly appreciated...

Phil

The plugs may, or may not clean up well, I've had pretty good luck with them cleaning up. I would swap plugs 1 and 4, and see what happens. Idle speed is adjusted by a knob in between carbs 2 and 3, just turn it until you get the desired rpm.

If you have any concern about the plugs, just replace them, they're too cheap to be a cause for concern.

Comment

i agree on the plugs.....

now that i think about it woould this be the same knob you have to unscrew all the way out to get the bowls of 2 & 3..i'll bet it is....in that case its probably sheer luck it came back at 1600....

so whats a good starting point....i thought i heard 1100 but not sure what engine size that was related to....mines a 650

Comment

Sounds good, anywhere in the low 1k area. If the bike has trouble holding that idle, it probably needs a sync.

Comment

Working...
        X