No announcement yet.

Top End SHot? 85 Gs700es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will raise the compression ratio, and give you a more aggressive cam profile, making the higher rpms better.

Comment

Wow

Geez, and all I want to do is get it up and running.
      Luke, I could really use that manual now, lol
      This is getting to be a lot more than I bargained for, but oh well, we will see. I may have a hell of a bike after all this

Comment

It's the 700 exhaust cam that is different and desirable. That and the 700 pistons as long as they aren't shot and your in business. Use whichever cylinder block is in the best shape. If the 700 block is usable go with it and keep each piston in the cylinder it came out of.

Comment

Ok Let me know if you need anything to get it up and running
          Mikey

Comment

Ok I have had tons of offers from people all over with Heads/Engines and the such, for sale.
            There is an 85GS700 motor on Ebay, and the guy just emailed me and said make on offer for the parts you need. The motor is seized up, is it even worth getting the head off of it, or no? It has sat with no plugs in it also. I appreciate all the help so far, but there are so many offers I am confused. And none of you live around here, lol Anyone near detroit or anywhere close?

Comment

If you can get a 750 go for it. Use your 700 pistons and exhaust cam if they are in good shape.

Comment

Ok, anyone who has a 750 Head in good shape, or complete engine, email me. Let me know if its complete, if it is off a running bike, that had good compression, and I will get right back with you. I am picking the bike up from the shop on Saturday morning, and getting into it.
                Also if anyone has this part of the manual, or all the specs I am going to need, let me know I will pay copying fees, and mailing if you could get me some copies, of the stuff I need.
                Thanks agaiin for all your help, I really appreciate it, and if anyone is in the Michigan area, near Detroit that wants to drop by, your always welcome
                Joshua

Comment

Josh, if you just need a head then go ahead with a 700 or 750 head. You can always use the 700 exhaust cam from your engine if it's in good shape. If you need a complete engine go with a 750 so you have the 750 crank and rods. That where the extra 50cc comes from. PM me on the pages you need. That section is probably close to 100 pages.

Comment

Hi Ok I have 2 complete engines here both are 750's the on in the bike is an 83 with 35000 miles on it.The engine runs great but has a bad cluch ie slipping stock it's supposed to have 84hp.

The second engine is a 86 750 and they claim 91hp stock from it.
                    I got the 86 engine with a parts bike and don't know anything about it yet.
                    This is the engine I was going to use myself,I'm guessing it has less mileage.
                    Both engines use the electronic ignition and I don't have any spares of that.
                    I'm guessing shipping would cost an arm and a leg from the westcoast to Detroit.
                    I would be willing to pull the top end from the 83 if you want it.
                    Heck I will throw in a set of newer carbs with it for you.
                    $150.00 + shipping.
                    I know this is not the for sale section but there seem to be some activity here
                    Mike

Comment

HEads/Engine

Well I have a gentleman sending me an engine from MA, to MI next week hopefully. It is a 750 engine and the trans is a bit messed up.
                      Think I am better off just taking the pistons, rods, heads and then use my cam in it?
                      I have a complete gasket set, so I can tear it all apart if I have to. The exhaust is off( No broken bolts, YESSSSSSSSS!!!) and I have the Valve cover off. I have no idea how to adjust the valves, to see if I can get a better compression reading. But I will keep at it
                      Let me know some ideas if you have them
                      Thanks JB

Comment

Working...
                      X