pingle petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pingle petcock

I went to the site to check this out but i was confused at to what size and what adapter to buy for a 80 GS850GL. Could someone lead the way? please??
    thanks
    cj

first step is to measure the distance from the mpunting screws((center to center. after that you choose the type of valve that you want to screw into the mounting bracket. Ask more questions because on some bikes the hieght of the fuel filter screen must be modified. usually you will also have to file the opening in the tank so the valve will clear.

Comment

Pingel

I'm about 97.4% certain that you have the same requirement that I did since most of the petcocks are the same on the 1980 models. If so, you've got a 50MM spread. I used Pingel petcock 6211-CR (although you've got several choices). The 50MM adapter I used is A1902C. 8)
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Go to http://www.schnitzracing.com/
        Order a;
        1902C Adapter, Petcock, 1.968" Center To Center (50MM) - Suzuki $8.95
        And a;
        6211 Petcock, Single w/Reserve $52.95

You will need to cut an inch off of the Petcock. Several people have left detail directions on this site for you to do this. Basically carefully rip off the screen, cut an inch off of the crome pipe, and snip an inch off of the screen and reassemble. Follow Pingles directions for the gooey gasket and enjoy.

Patrick
        1980 GS850G
        Stock Petcocks Blow!

Comment

Damn pat, where were you with that informaion the other day.
          I paid almost 90 dollars total for my pingle kit.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
          X