turn signal wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal wiring

I bought a 77 GS750, that had been abandoned and some parts taken from it. As it turns out I think things wiill be fine but I had to buy 4 turn signals. I picked them up on e-bay and some have wires and some don't. What do the wires plug into? I have wiring diagrams but they leave me a little lost.
    Robin

If you know what colors you are looking for that's a start. The ends of the wires for the rear signals are usually up under the seat near the battery. The ends of the wires for the front signals are ususally inside the headlight bucket. Grounds are usually black with a white tracer.

Comment

Diagram

Your hot wires, front and rear, should be solid black. Your ground wires on the back should be blue/white and the grounds for the front signals should be black/white.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

turn signals

Thank you for your counsel.

I see no wires about to connect these to so I will look more thoroughly tommorrow.

I assume am I to look inside of the headlamp bucket for wires for the front signals as there seems to be no help outside.

I appreciate your patience with my remedial needs.

RG

Comment

turn signals

success
          Thank you
          RG

Comment

Cool

COOL!! 8) That's what this forum is all about!
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I have a question about this, I realized when I was installing my turn signals(the bike had been laid down and all of them knocked off) that there are 2 positive wires going to the back left, there is the same wires as the right except there is a third white wire. It doesn't come on with the brakes, so what is it??

Comment

turn signals

Your bike is a 1977, correct ? My 1977 suzuki service manual says the RIGHT front turn signal wire is light green and black with a white tracer. the Left front turn signal wire is black and a black with white tracer. On the rear, the Right turn signal wire is light green to the connection to the turn signal wire where it turns black. The return is black with a white tracer. The Left rear turn signal wire is black from the front to the connector and stays black to the light. the return is black with the white tracer. This maynot matter as all you wiring could be gone. But if you find these colors you may have some wiring left. D/l

Comment

Working...
                X