1150 motor in 750es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 motor in 750es?

ok so heres my question. is it possible to transplant an 1150 motor into a 750es frame? and if so , how much work would be involved?
    thanks guys.

I know that an 81-82 1100 engine will shoe horn right into an 81-82 750, you just dont use one of the lower mounting bolts. Since the 1150 is really the same engine cases it should go no problem.

Comment

what about the exhaust ports will they line up the same?
      or
      would it be easier to put a gsxr 750 motor in it??

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
        I know that an 81-82 1100 engine will shoe horn right into an 81-82 750, you just dont use one of the lower mounting bolts. Since the 1150 is really the same engine cases it should go no problem.
        I am not so sure about the fit. The 1983+ GS750ES had a totally-redesigned engine from the previous 750 models. The engine was made really compact (losing about 30 lbs.), especially in the fore-aft direction. Maybe someone here will know for sure about the swap but I would advise doing some measurements.

BB

Comment

The ports should line up. The head is the same basic casting as on the '83 and up 700/750s. Just a question of if the motor is too tall to fit the frame. You need to take some measurements before doing it. I have seen an '83 with a GSXR1100 engine in it. It was the Photo of the Month once here.

Comment

I meassured my 1150 engine to see if one would fit in the 700 frame. The friend I sold Izzy to, was curious. The engine is taller, and longer. I don't think it fits without frame mods. It would be a killer bike though.

Comment

so do u think a gsxr 750 or 1100 motor would fit easily with out much frame modification?

Comment

The guy whose bike made Photo of the Month claims all he did to make the GSXR1100 fit was to raise the tank. Motor mounts will need tweaking.

Comment

hmmm, interesting. i want my bike to be a sleeper, an be able to take some newer style 600's . thats what most of my friends ride. plus i love my 750es i just want more power. i think im gona try to put the gixxer 1100 motor in it. that would be crazy. thanks for ur help guys

Comment

Go for it Pete. You're beating me to the ultimate mod I planned to do to my bike next summer.

If it works for you I'll have a sleeper too!

Dm of mD

Comment

hahahah thats the plann. now i have to find a good doner bike.thanks guys

Comment

I RODE that GSXR1100 in the 83 GS750 frame... GOD DARN that bike hauls ass... Hydraulic Clutch smooth as a hell!
                        If I recall I think it was a 1991, or late late 80s GSXR engine in that one... the fins were really close together on the head...

At last I heard, he said he was having issues with the allignment of the sprockets, and just dealt with accellerated wear of them...

he did the engine swap for my GS750es, putting an 83 engine into my 86 frame... same engine... still hauls ass.

I'm goin 1/4 mile racin this week... wish me luck

Comment

Good luck dude.

Dm of mD

Comment

would there be any way to fix the sprocket allignment problem>? off-set sprocket???

Comment

Working...
                            X