Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chop Screwy or Sushi Bar Hopper Chopper :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop Screwy or Sushi Bar Hopper Chopper :-)

Making progress......

I need to do something with the exhaust system. Ideas???

Scrambler style pipes on the left side with perforated heat shields.

Comment

Or like the guy I bought it from put on mine, small round glasspacs

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgARAwYV8e6YDRwTk6*F37NW73hznc*LYyaaM3SCg1NKCZgUE nCZYD6nLZrI1cg5IICwiZGFVoD5eYChk5qKgUJiKXs4U5qaZrr orPqvOsKSA7SNPsRHxg/P4240013.JPG?dc=4675469436600258274[/img]

You'd never guess this was a 450 by listening to it

Comment

Did he just cut off the old muffs and weld on the glass packs?

Comment

cool

first let me say that has to be the cleanest and classiest metric chopper I have seen, nice paint color.
          I must say that your bike seems to scream classic old school so why not try to find a set of stacks on each side of the sissy bar?
          I wouldn't add too much to it, I think you have done a neat job.

Comment

fnhuge,

Thanks for those kind words.

The exhaust will make or break the bike so I have been taking my time with that last detail.

Thanks for the tip on the stacks.

Comment

HOW ABOUT CUTOUTS OR SLASH CUTS....BUEATIFUL JOB BY THE WAY!!

Comment

I like the stacks idea. The natural angle from the muffler connection runs striaght up the frame. Make it a solo seater, move the sissybar up and run the exhaust right up beside it. Bob the rear fender too. I know I just hacked up your ride, that's just how I would have done it.

Comment

My favorite set of exhaust pipes I've seen lately just for pure looks is on this bike:

(Incidentally, I don't own an XS, but there are some cool builds at http://www.650motorcycles.com/xs650links.html )[/img]

Comment

Nice bike!!

Custom drag pipes.

Nice and loud.

Comment

Originally posted by gstaylor
                      I like the stacks idea. The natural angle from the muffler connection runs striaght up the frame. Make it a solo seater, move the sissybar up and run the exhaust right up beside it. Bob the rear fender too. I know I just hacked up your ride, that's just how I would have done it.
                      If I bobbed the fender and added a solo seat, to me, it would look like so many others.

But thanks for the input though.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBiker
                        Did he just cut off the old muffs and weld on the glass packs?
                        Yeah, if you look at them in person you can see the adapters for the glasspacs increase in size. welded a bolt for mounting were the old muffelers bolted in.

Comment

How 'bout some reverse shorty megs? See JC Whitney or mikesxs.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete's GS
                            How 'bout some reverse shorty megs? See JC Whitney or mikesxs.com.
                            What do they sound like?

Comment

Working...
                            X