carb ajustement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb ajustement

I removed all the kit (air jet,main jet,pilot jet)

when it's time to put it back together do I have just to screw it in place or some parts need ajustment

scuse my english

thnax for your help

What kind of bike? You can adjust the idle screws to give you the smoothest, highest idle. If they are CV type carbs unless they have adustable needles you can't do anything to adjust them. Float level is critical. You'll need to find that spec. Synch the butterflies on CV type carbs as close to each other as you can. If you have guages synch them on the bike while running. If it's a two cylinder bike you can synch without guages. Just let the bike run on one cylinder by removing one of the plug caps. Adjust the idle for the running cylinder.

Comment

Went back and found out you have an 1150. They will be CV's. Unless it has a jet kit installed the needles will have only one groove, non-adjustable. If they have multiple grooves and the bike ran okay prior to taking apart just leave the clips in the position you found them in. Make sure you get float levels right. Use a piece or wire or a small drill bit to get the openings on the butterflies matched. Number 3 gets adjusted with the throttle stop and the other 3 carbs are set with individual adjusters to match number 3. They won't be perfect but they'll be close.

Comment

thanx for your help,excuse me I should write my kind of bike next time

Comment

Working...
        X