85 GS550ES fuel line routing??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS550ES fuel line routing??????

I have an 85 gs550es, and I took the carbs off and cleaned them. When re-installing them, I am confused on where the lines go. On my tank, I have a vent tube at the front, that runs to the bottom of the bike, I have a port that looks like a vacume diaphram on a car, and I have the reserve and main fuel line from the gas pitcock,..... my confusion is, I have lines going from the front of each carb to ???where? I assume the line going from the rear side of the right carb is my main fuel line, but I have no idea where the two lines coming from the front inside side of the carb goes... I am pretty sure I have the main and reserve lines in the correct place, the vent is obviously correct, and the line going from the vacume module should also be correct.... now, I am out of places to put these two lines, and am stuck..... any info would help. I do not have a book on the bike yet due to having to order it with a 2 week lead time. any info would help!

Triggerjay

those two lines don't conectto anything, they are vent lines

Comment

Yep vents, they route up and back and sandwich between the airbox and the frame.

Kenny
      85 550EF

Comment

Yeah, figured it out when I connected them to the petcock and I poured a bunch of gas on the floor! Got her running good now. Thanks!

Triggerjay

Comment

Working...
        X