GS 650 Shaft Drive Headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently bought a GS650 Drive shaft, but I have a couple (minor) problemswith it.
    The most pressing is the headlight. Due to the age of the bik, the headlight is rusted, and gives terrible night driving. I even tried higher wattage h4 bulds, but it doesn't help much.

What size is the headlight ? I saw a lot of listings for 7 and 5 3/4 inch headlights. I tried measuring the headlight, but it is more like 6 incheds in diameter. Also, does anyone know someone who sells OEM or replacement headlights for this model bike ? I tried JCWhitney, but I wasn't sure about the size, and they don't list the parts by bike.

I ride a lot at night, so having good lights is very important.

Thanks a lot.

check with your local dealer you might be supprised Or chek some of the internet links for parts in the forum

Comment

Im having the same problem. I bought my 850 with a front fairing, when i went to take it off there was no headlight there. So i went to the junkyard and found a new headlight bucket and standard type bulb off an old kawasaki. The size is about 6" also. I cant seem to find a H4 bulb enclosure to fit that size. looks like im back to the junkyard once again.
      Jus850

Comment

I just cruised in because I had to read all about the shaft driven headlight. I'm also looking to replace my windjammer headlight with a headlamp system, so any of you experts (ok....ok.... you KNOW-IT-ALLS ) have any ideas, spread the wealth.

Comment

I tried looking at the local dealers. They have headlights, but the 7 inch model which I believe fits the GSX750 and the GS1000.

No luck in finding one to fit my bike. My bike however does not have a fairing. Only a chrome headlight bowl. Once I get some time, I'll post a couple pictures.

Comment

headlight situation

Finding the nearest dealer or a large salvage yard would be my suggestion maybe internet search of suzuki.com

Comment

Working...
            X