1991 gsx1100g clutch adjusment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 gsx1100g clutch adjusment

I need to know the way to get more adjustment in my clutch. It only engages in the last 1/4 to 1/2" of clutch lever release. Any help would be great. Clymer does not make a book for this model for some reason. I guess because it was only produced 4 years.

Look on the countershaft cover and see if there is a smaller cover on it held on by a couple of bolts. If there is remove that cover and you might find an adjuster for a clutch pushrod that goes through the engine to activate the clutch. That adjuster will have a slotted bolt with a locknut on it. First get some slack in the cable if there isn't already using the adjuster at the lever or where the cable disappears into the engine cover. Loosen the locknut on the adjuster. Turn the adjuster in until the slotted bolt seats against the pushrod. Then back it out 1/4-1/2 turn and hold it in postion until you get the locknut tightened. After that's done adjust the cable for a 1/8" gap between the lever and the perch before any tension is put on the cable.

Comment

Thanks for the info .I will take a look and see what I can find.

Comment

If that doesn't help check here

Comment

Working...
        X