1981 GS1100E frontend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS1100E frontend

will a 1981 GS1100E front end fit on a 79 gs1000 no problem. can i use my 79gs1000's wheels, brakes and axel. the 1100 has a leading axel design and the 1000 has a under teh tude axel design, does that matter?

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

As long as the steering head both use the same type bearings. The steering will quicken a little with the new front end. If the bike sits too high with the new front end pull the tubes up in the triples. Not sure about the calipers and rotors. Check to see if the part numbers are the same between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      ...If the bike sits too high with the new front end pull the tubes up in the triples...
      The 1100E has air connections that are sealed by the bottom triple clamps so it will not work to raise the forks in the triple clamps.

Hap

Comment

so are you guys saying it would work or not? do you guys feel teh 1100 frontend is to long or to short. what size front tire does a 81 1100 use?

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
          so are you guys saying it would work or not? do you guys feel teh 1100 frontend is to long or to short. what size front tire does a 81 1100 use?

-ryan
          It will probably bolt up BUT....the steering geometry will be a little different. That may not be a bad thing. The front wheel on the '81 1100 is a 19" wheel.

Hap

Comment

3.50v19 for the tire, and that front end is the last mod I want to do on the 750. I like adjustability. 8)

Comment

Hi I have a 86/750 es front end that is the same as the 1150.
              It's complete with everything for it,calipers, wheel,triples bars.
              There is a pic of it here

If anyone wants if for cheap let me know.
              $100.00 +shipping for it
              Mikey

Comment

Working...
              X