Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio

Hi, I've a 1980 850 GL with a Windjammer faring which has an FM cassette player installed. I was wondering if I could hook up the memory circuitry of the radio to a permanent live connection to maintain the station presets and clock, or would that be too large a current draw on the bike's battery?
    The bike's electrics are good, I just replaced the stator and RR with the superior Electrex units at the beginning of this season ( which in this part of Canada was last week ) The bike is ridden regularly and the battery is in good shape. Please advise.

the keep alive dosn't draw much and when the bikes running it dosn't draw anything. should be able to put it on but if you dont have one already you should get a battery tender and install so when your not using your bike plug the tender in and forget about it.

Comment

Mine does not run it down unless I don't use the bike for about a month. :twisted:

Comment

my radio will kill the battery in a week. Only do it if you have a battery tender

Comment

Working...
        X