need help with suzuki bike parts interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with suzuki bike parts interchangability

hey everyone. I am looking for the front brake lever assembly with cylinder for my 1982 gs650gl. i found this on ebay and was wondering if anyone knows whether it will fit on my bike. Remember i only need those parts, i dont need the calipers or anything else to fit. Any help is greatly appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35592

Does your bike have a single or dual disk setup?? that is the main ?? The one shown is from 75 550?? Probably from a 75GT550 I would look for something newer

Comment

ya its dual disk brakes. I want it cause its so cheap. As i am buying alot of parts. any chance it may work?

Comment

Their is only one calaper so I would say single disk--- will not work properly with dual disk

Comment

It is basically a pump
          so It should do the trick for you
          And its cheap

Comment

Two calapers need more fluid Usually requires a larger bore master cylinder

Comment

Two calipers need more fluid. definitely requires a larger bore master cylinder.
              I was just discussing this topic with the mechanics who work on my bike.
              They told me that using a single brake master cylinder on a dual brake bike is dangerous. The effort required to get any stopping power rises dramatically. GS dual brake systems pop up on e-bay all the time. It's better to wait for the right one.

Comment

i am a little confused now. the front wheel only has one brake. There is a rear master cylinder for the other brake. bike has 2 brakes total. The front brake assembly i posted the link of is for the front, not front and rear. does any of this make sense? Its only stopping the front wheel, just like the current setup does.

Comment

also, anyone know if a gas tank from a 1982 gs1100 would work on the same year gs650? thank you in advance.

Comment

jman,

The dual brake or single brakes means one or two rotors and calipers on the front wheel. The rear brake, as you noted, has its own master cylinder.

If your bike has just one rotor on the front, then you need a master cylinder for a single caliper. If your bike has two rotors on the front, then you need a master cylinder for twin front brakes.

A master cylinder designed to operate only one caliper will not deliver enough fluid volume for a bike with dual front disk brakes and would be unsafe.

I hope this eliminates some of your confusion.

Bottom line: it looks like the rig in the ebay link would work for your bike.

Comment

thank alot everyone. I am going to go ahead and get it and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                      X