GS750 Stators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Stators

With all the knowledge and experience here, I've never seen this one addressed, though I may have missed it or overlooked it:

Some 8-valve GS750's had Nippon-Denso ignition systems; others had Kokusan systems. The stators for these systems carry different part numbers. Are they interchangeable? Is there an easy way to identify which stator is which?

Yes, I know Electrex is the real answer, but they don't list a model for the GS750

Thanks!

I don't think they are interchangable Maybe if you change the rotor also ???? Never tried it. If there is no replaacement listed Have you considered rewinding it yourself Or as a last resort you can send it to a Electric motor Rebuilder and have it rewound usually around $150

Comment

Lynn,

Thanks for the response. I don't need a stator (at least not yet); but I've been trying to stockpile some key parts, as our GS's age, and parts eventually become more difficult to acquire. I've found stators listed periodically on eBay, but the seller seldom provides enough information to identify which ignition system the item was used with, and when I ask the question, they usually don't know anyway, (or don't want to bother to check - it's not difficult to tell, if you've got the points assembly at hand). I got another "I don't know" response this morning, which prompted me to post the question. Thanks again; if I ever find the answer, I'll post it for all.

Comment

Lynn,

Thanks for the response. I don't need a stator (at least not yet); but I've been trying to stockpile some key parts, as our GS's age, and parts eventually become more difficult to acquire. I've found stators listed periodically on eBay, but the seller seldom provides enough information to identify which ignition system the item was used with, and when I ask the question, they usually don't know anyway, (or don't want to bother to check - it's not difficult to tell, if you've got the points assembly at hand). I got another "I don't know" response this morning, which prompted me to post the question. Thanks again; if I ever find the answer, I'll post it for all.

Comment

Don't quote me but the earlier stators had 12 poles and the later ones had 16 poles??? They are sized different requiring different rotor

Comment

Working...
          X