CLUTCH PROBLEMS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLUTCH PROBLEMS!!!!

Hey.... Whenever i try to shift out of Nuetral into first gear, OR from first gear into second gear, OR from first gear into nuetral, it gets stuck, and i mean STUCK!! i have to use the mighty force of my fat A$$ to move it into the proper position. Whats up with that??????

This might not help, but I had a similar situation with my 83. I would always miss neutral because I would have to use quite a bit of force. Eventually it just slid in to neutral one day. I guess since I worked the shifter it loosened up.

Comment

Re: CLUTCH PROBLEMS!!!!

Originally posted by GS550 E
      Hey.... Whenever i try to shift out of Nuetral into first gear, OR from first gear into second gear, OR from first gear into nuetral, it gets stuck, and i mean STUCK!! i have to use the mighty force of my fat A$$ to move it into the proper position. Whats up with that??????
      Are you rolling when you try to shift? I noticed that even on the little Kawasaki (I think) 250 at the rider course sometimes it was hard to get it in gear sitting still. If that's the case, try letting loose of the brake and rocking the bike slightly forward or backward while you try to move the shifter. I've also had some luck with just -slightly- releasing the clutch if the engine is running. (Hold the brake if you're going to try that.)

If you're in motion and still having difficulty, it's a question for one of the experts.

Dave

Comment

try some synthetic oil (mobil 1) it made my bike shift a lot easier.

ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

It does shift much better when in motion, ALTHOUGH, it is still hard to shift out of first even in motion. I will definately try the mobil 1 and let you know. THANKS!!

Comment

is the clutch grabbing excessively??? you may need to adjust your cable..just a thought

Comment

try tightening your clutch cable. maybe your clutch isn't opening the clutch.

-ryan
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                try some synthetic oil (mobil 1) it made my bike shift a lot easier.

ryan
                Good point. After I changed my oil to Synthetic blend, seemed to work fine. Also got rid of my stator leak :?

Also if your clutch cable isnt opening your clutch, one way to test this is to put it on its wheels, shift into first with the clutch lever pulled in and rev the engine around 6k or 7k rpm. If it isnt opening the clutch enough, you'll feel a very slight forward movement. I had that problem. Fixed it just by adjusting the clutch cable.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                X