Carb synch questions GS1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpogue
    They also sell the carb tool for ?8 ($15USD). They're made in Belfast, Ireland, so shipping is extra of course.
    That?s the single column version! You?ll need the 4 column one.

Last year I ordered a Carbtune. Works great! It is expensive though. But I think it?s worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo
      They also sell the carb tool for ?8 ($15USD). They're made in Belfast, Ireland, so shipping is extra of course.
      That?s the single column version! You?ll need the 4 column one.

Last year I ordered a Carbtune. Works great! It is expensive though. But I think it?s worth the money.
      The 4 column Carbtune is ?52 and the 2 column is ?40. It's on their website. If your thinking about the ?8 figure, thats the carb tool for the screw.

I haven't been able to get to my Suzuki dealer yet to see what he has. I prefered to stay away from the mercury if at all possible. The cost of buying the Carbtune is about what it costs to get the mechanic to do it here. I figure the price of the Carbtune then is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce
        Thanks, guys. I'll go get after the synch. Hey, one more question. The manual seems to be using the throttle stop screw to set the RPM prior to synching. If I synch at 3500 RPM, do I use the throttle stop screw or the throttle on the handlebars, or does it matter?
        You should use the throttle on the bars. The engine builds heat fast, even with fans on it. You don't want it running a constant high rpm. I check it at about 3,500 and then slowly back off the throttle and make the adjustment as it idles. If you're having trouble, turn off the bike and let it cool. Always double-check your adjustments.
        A good manual synch will make the tool synch quicker and easier. After the manual synch, don't forget to turn up the idle screwknob enough so the bike will start. Also, adjust the mixture screws (CV) and SIDE air screws (VM) for the highest rpm possible as soon as the engine is warmed up. Turn two screws "at a time" in 1/4 to 1/2 turn increments to more easily hear the rpm's rise. Once you adjust all four and achieve highest rpm, lower the idle to 1,100 rpm with the idle screwknob, THEN do your tool synch. Be sure your ignition timing is correct before synching. Good luck.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The 4 column Carbtune is ?52 and the 2 column is ?40. It's on their website. If your thinking about the ?8 figure, thats the carb tool for the screw.
          Oops... you're right....

Comment

Working...
          X