Gas leaking from #1/#2 carb bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas leaking from #1/#2 carb bodies

Ok, I've replaced the float bowl gaskets, and the seals around the float-bowl-drain-screw...

I get a very slow drip (as in ~10 droplets/min) off the tops of the float bowls of the left 2 carbs...

This is an 80 GS850, the carbs have been freshly rebuilt (K&L kits, new float valves, etc)...

A similar slow leak has surfaced from the petcock (drip-drip-drip out the gas connection) when the carbs are not hooked up...

Did you replace the fuel tube O-rings?

Comment

Does your bike have the vacuum petcock with the reserve/on/prime settings? (sorry I'm ignorant) If so it should not pass gas unless on prime.

I found the gaskets were leaking on my bike, the washers behind the 2 bolts that hold the petcock on. They have molded rubber inserts in the washer holes. New ones sealed up a seep I had-

Comment

Originally posted by G Scott
        Does your bike have the vacuum petcock with the reserve/on/prime settings? (sorry I'm ignorant) If so it should not pass gas unless on prime.

I found the gaskets were leaking on my bike, the washers behind the 2 bolts that hold the petcock on. They have molded rubber inserts in the washer holes. New ones sealed up a seep I had-
        Problem fixed, it was the fuel-tubes...

Comment

Working...
        X