Losing parts at high speed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing parts at high speed!!!

Went for a ride on my bike and put it through it paces pretty good in town, but got home and noticed the oil filler cap was gone. I assume it vibrated loose and flew off as i was riding. My jean leg has some oil spray on it as does the bike. My question is does anyone know of a (umm...CHEAP) subsitute for the cap. I looked on the road but couldnt find it. Should i just search the bike salvage yards for another one.

1977 gs750
    31, XXX km
    slightly modified 8valve engine (now missing filler cap!)
    4 into 1, pods, jetting......the usuals

you could try one of those rubber plugs with a washer and nut at the end, looks kinda like a boat drain plug....it wont look to great though

Comment

Re: Losing parts at high speed!!!

Originally posted by Mark
      Went for a ride on my bike and put it through it paces pretty good in town, but got home and noticed the oil filler cap was gone. I assume it vibrated loose and flew off as i was riding. My jean leg has some oil spray on it as does the bike. My question is does anyone know of a (umm...CHEAP) subsitute for the cap. I looked on the road but couldnt find it. Should i just search the bike salvage yards for another one.

1977 gs750
      31, XXX km

Comment

Re: Losing parts at high speed!!!

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
        Originally posted by Mark

1977 gs750
        31, XXX km

Comment

I have a 2000 Suzuki LTF250 4-wheeler and the oil fill cap is the same as my '77GS750.

Terry

Comment

Yeah it sure is an american bike. If the filler cap is so universal then I should have no problem finding one at the salvage yard. Got a golf ball sitting on it now to keep the airborne garbage out of it for the moment...
            Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X