No announcement yet.

Newbie needs info '83 GS 750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the info is good I would use 10/40 oil thats what is recomended by the factory, I use reg old castrol 10/40. I live in So cal so we have lots of hot weather also I have used 20/50 it causes the clutch to drag when the bike is cold. That big clunk when you put it in gear is hard on the transmission
    Thanks for the info. A guy at work was telling me he used the heavier oil, specially in summer. It seems to be fine so far (about 200miles) I have to keep it choked and idle about 2500 rpm when she is cold, so I get the clunk when going into 1st. After it's warm I get a slight clunk. My 650 nighthawk did that to. I thought that was normal? It only does it when I'm stopped, not when downshifting from 2nd to 1st.
    So far it's running great. Seems to be a rain magnet 8O Been to work 3 times and hit small rain squals on 2 of those days. Looked up and only saw that little black cloud over me and nothing else anywhere (should I be worried about the little black cloud always above my head?)

Comment

10w-40 is good- I run 15w-50 when the temps get consistently above 85F here in the South. These bikes are very cold natured, it is best to let it warm up on choke-about 2-3 minutes- and idle down on its own before selecting 1st gear. Once it is fully warm it should shift down uch easier. When coasting to a stop, shift down to first before coming to a complete stop- this is much easier on the internals. You have got a great bike, Enjoy, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED
      2001 TL1000S (for sale)

Comment

i took my rear turn signals off and where the reflectors were put smaller signals. looks cleaner too 8) did you buy the reflectors?? you could have mine for the cost of shipping if you want them pm me.

Comment

Working...
        X